If you're in the market for a CNC routing machine, you might be wondering how to keep your materials in place during the cutting process. The answer lies in a vacuum table, which uses suction to hold down your workpiece. To create that suction, you'll need a vacuum pump. In this article, we'll explore how to choose the right regenerative blower for your CNC routing machine's vacuum table.
What is a CNC routing machine?
CNC routing machines are computer-controlled machines that use cutting tools to shape and trim materials like wood, plastic, and metal. They're often used in the manufacturing industry for mass production, but they're also popular among hobbyists and small business owners for creating custom designs.
Where are CNC routing machines used?
CNC routing machines are used in a variety of industries, including woodworking, metalworking, sign making, and prototyping. They can create intricate designs and shapes with high precision, making them ideal for creating everything from furniture to jewelry to electronic enclosures.
How does a vacuum table work?
A vacuum table is a table with a perforated surface that allows air to flow through it. When the vacuum pump creates suction beneath the table, the air is pulled through the perforations, creating a suction force that holds down your workpiece. The advantages of using a vacuum table for fixing include:
- Strong hold: Vacuum tables can hold down even large or irregularly shaped materials securely.
- No clamping needed: You won't need to use clamps or other fixtures, which can interfere with the cutting process or leave marks on your workpiece.
- Increased accuracy: Since the material is held securely in place, you'll get more accurate cuts and designs.
What type of vacuum pumps are used in vacuum machines?
There are several types of vacuum pumps that can be used in vacuum tables, including rotary vane pumps, liquid ring pumps, and regenerative blowers. Each type has its pros and cons, but in this article, we'll focus on the advantages of using regenerative blowers.
Why are regenerative blowers the best solution compared to other types of pumps?
Regenerative blowers, also known as side channel blowers, use a series of impellers to create high-pressure air flow. This creates a vacuum that's strong enough to hold down your workpiece but gentle enough not to damage it. Here are some of the advantages of using regenerative blowers:
- Energy efficient: Regenerative blowers use less energy than other types of pumps, making them more cost-effective to operate.
- Low maintenance: Since they have few moving parts, regenerative blowers require less maintenance than other types of pumps.
- Quiet operation: Regenerative blowers produce less noise than other types of pumps, which can be beneficial if you're working in a small space or with sensitive materials.
- Compact size: Regenerative blowers are typically smaller and lighter than other types of pumps, making them easier to install and transport.
How to choose the right model?
When choosing a regenerative blower for your CNC routing machine's vacuum table, there are several factors to consider:
- Flow rate: The flow rate of the blower should match the requirements of your CNC routing machine. This will ensure that the vacuum table is able to hold down your workpiece securely.
- Pressure: The pressure generated by the blower should also match the requirements of your CNC routing machine. This will ensure that the suction force is strong enough to hold down your workpiece.
- Noise level: If you're working in a small space or with sensitive materials, you may want to choose a blower with a lower noise level.
At our company, we offer a wide range of regenerative blowers for CNC routing machine applications. Choose from our two types of blowers:
VL series: The VL series is designed to provide maximum airflow, making it ideal for securing large flat parts with a porous structure. It ensures that even if there is some leakage in the system, the substantial air flow compensates for it, securely fixing the workpiece in place.
VH series: The VH series offers a higher pressure difference, making it perfect for applications where the workpiece has a small area and requires a strong holding force. With its ability to create a deeper vacuum up to -280 inch H2O, it delivers the necessary power to firmly hold the workpiece in position.
Contact us today to learn more about our wide selection of regenerative blowers, including the VL series for maximum airflow and the VH series for high-pressure applications. Our knowledgeable team is ready to assist you in choosing the perfect blower for your CNC routing machine's vacuum table.